What's up! Beauties,
Someone just asked me this question and I didn't have the answer but I ran across this article and I had to share. These are some really good tips!
Getting Rid of Dark Underarms
Resort to Waxing: Always! Always! Wax your underarms to get rid of the hair growth there. Waxing pulls out hair completely from the roots and removes dead skin, leaving you with clean and soft underarms. Also, the underarms is a very sensitive area, therefore get waxing done from a professional only! Try applying some aloe vera gel or spray some rose-water to soothe the pain (if any) after waxing.
Use Skin Lightening Creams: Using skin lightening creams or applying moisturizer to your underarm region every night can also help reduce the darkness. These creams interfere with the melanin production and prevents it to a large extend, thus lightening the region. Bleaching is also one of the effective methods to get rid of dark underarms. Although bleaching is not recommended on a regular basis.
Cleaning: Scrubbing your underarms with a pumice stone or loofah sponge during a shower can clear away dead skin, which clings to the creases of the skin and make it appear dark. Dry your underarms thoroughly every time after a shower. Dry and clean underarms are less prone to the growth of bacteria.
Whats up! Beauties
Minimal Use of Deodorants: Avoiding the use of deodorants when you are at home. This will help you get rid of the dark armpits. Moreover, washing off your underarms or wiping them using a clean wet cloth when you are back home will decrease the sweat residues and prevent the growth of bacteria. Hence, lightening the underarms.
- Grind oatmeal flakes in a mixer, mix the same with honey, and scrub the underarm region. This will exfoliate your skin and make it soft and smooth.
- You can also use facial scrubs to exfoliate the region as the armpit region is just as sensitive and delicate as your facial skin.
- Rubbing of lemon slices is also one of the ways to get rid of those embarrassing dark underarms. The citric acid lightens the skin tone in that area and leaves it suave.
- Applying a pulp of mashed papaya or tomato on a regular basis can lighten the underarms.
- A paste of sandalwood powder, cucumber juice and a pinch of turmeric powder works wonders to do away with those abashing underarms.
- Massaging your armpits with coconut oil, vitamin E oil or almond oil every night not only lightens the underarm region but also polishes your skin and leaves it clean and soft for you to flaunt in those favorite clothes.
- Drink plenty of water. It not only helps keeping your body hydrated but also helps reduce the production of melanin in the body.
Article By Divya Bichu